The Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund Scholarship Program is available to high school seniors with financial need who are furthering their studies in the fall at a four-year college or university, a two-year community college, or a vocational school.
This competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $5,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school; up to $2,500 per year to attend an accredited community college or vocational school*
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Mentoring support during and after the transition to post-high school schooling
- Award may be used for the student’s educational expenses, including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees.
Wilt Chamberlain Scholars are selected based not only on their academic accomplishments and financial need, but also their embodiment of Wilt Chamberlain’s characteristics of hard work and the pursuit of greatness, as well as a passion for volunteering and serving others.
The scholarship selection process includes a review of grades and courses, standardized test scores, essay responses, participation in volunteer service activities and extracurricular programs, and family finances.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
At a minimum, applicants must:
- Plan to graduate from high school at the end of the 2023-24 academic year
- Intend to enroll in an accredited post-secondary institution beginning fall 2024
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.5 or above
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need
- Family income must be $50,000 or less
- Must reside in the Greater Philadelphia Area
- Philadelphia County, PA
- Bucks County, PA
- Delaware County, PA
- Montgomery County, PA
- Burlington County, NJ
- Camden County, NJ
- Gloucester County, NJ
Each award is intended to cover a share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
The 2023-24 Wilt Chamberlain Memorial Fund scholarship is accepting applications from February 12, 2024 – April 22, 2024.
Use Program Key: WCMF